The basement is located underground, which makes it hard to get good air circulation hence it becomes damp and has cooler temperatures. Most people use their basement for storage or as an extension of the living space.
The reasons for a damp basement are:
- High humidity from the house condensing in the cool basement.
- Moisture from the soil around the foundation accumulating in the basement walls and floor.
- Water leaks from the busted pipes. Leaking into the basement.
The moisture level in the basement differs depending on the severity of the cause of the humidity.
The high humidity in the basement can cause:
- Rot and destruction of items stored in the basement.
- The growth of mildew and mold that can cause the residents of the house serious health problems. Spores from the mold, float in the air. Once inhaled the can trigger allergenic and asthma reaction.
- It caused structural damage to the foundation of the house.
Signs that indicate you need to buy a basement dehumidifier
- Look out for moisture on the walls.
- The growth of mold and mildew in the basement.
- The growth of mold and mildew on items in the basement.
- The basement feels and smells damp.
A basement dehumidifier is specifically designed to operate at low temperatures (as low as 20?). This specific design is what differentiates basement dehumidifier from any other dehumidifier.
A basement dehumidifier not only dehumidifies the air but also, captures mold spores and carbon filters absorb the odor hence cleaning the air. This guarantees the basement transformed into a living or better storage area.
To pick the best basement dehumidifier, you must understand:
- The size of your basement –Most basement dehumidifier’s capacity is measured in per square footage. Just measure the size of your basement(in square feet) before choosing a dehumidifier.
- The capacity of the dehumidifier – The Capacity of any dehumidifier is the number of pints of water the basement dehumidifier is able to extract from the basement in a period of 24 hours.
Here is a list of the best basement dehumidifiers in 2018:
- AirWerx55 Dehumidifier – capacity: 55PPD (AHAM) 125PPD (Saturation)
- Efficient and has a large capacity.
- Small in size, hence easy to move for every corner dehumidification.
- Can be remotely controlled. Saving time and convenient to the owner.
- Overheating protection features.
- Aluminum multilayer filter. Clears all any air quality problems in the basement.
- Automatic defrosting - able to operate at low temperatures.
- Intelligent operation and sensor – able to automatically turn on and off depending on the humidity levels. Saves energy.
- WiFi controller: HVAC Remote System.
- AirWerx90 Dehumidifier – Capacity: 90PPD(AHAM) 198PPD(Saturation)
- Engineered for low temperatures.
- Remote control equipped.
- Quick access to the pump and the main board.
- Ducting options for divided spaces.
- Coated coils with the stainless side plate.
- AirWerx100X Dehumidifier - Capacity: 100PPD (AHAM) 220PPD (Saturation)
- It is a 100 pint a day dehumidifier.
- Has an external drainage option. For convenience, as the owner does not have to be emptying the tray.
- Auto defrosting. – can operate in cold basement temperature of up to 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Accurate humidistat and timer.
- Air filters and purifiers (removes mold spores and clean the dampness smell.)
- AirWerx120X dehumidifier - Capacity: 120PPD (AHAM) 235PPD (Saturation)
- The best dehumidifier for a basement of up to 3,300 Sq. ft.
- Quiet while in operations.
- WiFi controller: HVAC Remote System – low energy consumption.
- Defrost system and auto-restart.
- Easy washable clean air filters.
- AirWerx140X Dehumidifier - Capacity: 140PPD (AHAM) 250PPD (Saturation)
- The best dehumidifier for a basement of up to 3,800 Sq. ft. With up to 140 pints a day.
- Built-in condensate pump.
- 2 stage filtration to clean mold spores and air purification. Cleans the dampness completely
- Low noise levels.
- Digital control, auto humidistat, auto restart and environment-friendly.
To get these and other basement dehumidifiers at the best prices. Visit BaseAire.