Are BaseAire dehumidifiers energy efficient?
Yes! BaseAire dehumidifiers are able to extract the same amount of humidity from the air like any other dehumidifier but only for consuming up to 20% less energy. BaseAire dehumidifiers can easily save you $25 from your energy bill, compared to non-energy star models.
How much would a BaseAire dehumidifier increase your electricity bill by?
It is true that buying a dehumidifier will increase your electricity bill, however, the exact amount is directly dependent on how long you run the dehumidifier. This is not saying that a dehumidifier will not save you money in the long term.
Here are some of the financial benefits of a BaseAire dehumidifier :
- Our dehumidifiers are so efficient that you will save over 90% of the money used to repair high humidity damages on the house before buying a dehumidifier.
- A BaseAire dehumidifier guarantees that you will never need to spend any more money buying expensive anti-mold cleaning products.
- A BaseAire dehumidifier will clean and warm the indoor air, which reduces the amount of electricity consumption need to warm the house.
How will your BaseAire dehumidifier saves on your electricity bill :
- The dry air from the dehumidifier requires less energy to heat when warming up the home.
- Eliminates any heat energy waste, especially in the winter. This is because of the improved comfort levels of the clean, warm air from the dehumidifier means there won't be any need to open windows or doors for ventilation thus keeping the warmth indoors.
- Since the BaseAire dehumidifier warms the air after extracting the moisture, you can lower your thermostat, hence consuming less electricity.
- A BaseAire dehumidifier comes equipped with an auto-humidistat. This turns the dehumidifier on and off depending on the number of humidity levels in the house. This directly saves you money.
With a BaseAire dehumidifier, you enjoy comfort as you save money!
What is energy factor?
The efficiency of a dehumidifier is rated by an energy factor. The liters of water extracted per kilowatt-hour of electricity used(L/kWh) is used by energy star to rate dehumidifiers. A more efficient dehumidifier is the higher their energy factor. Choose a BaseAire dehumidifier with a higher energy star rating to save more money.
What should other factors consider reducing the electricity consumption of the dehumidifier?
- It is important to remember the BaseAire dehumidifier can only maintain the humidity of the indoor air. It is important to close up most damaged ventilations or avoid leaving the windows or doors open. This will lead to more moist air get into the house, hence the dehumidifier will run continually without lowering the humidity.
- Repair any internal causes of high humidity. – it important to identify the reason for the increased humidity. Some of the fixable reasons include :
- Proper drainage of rainwater around the house. If most of the rainwater ends up resting around the basement. this moist will end up in the basement walls and floor thus increasing the humidity levels. This can be easily fixed by adding a cutter to the roof and directing the rainwater away from the house.
- Leaking pipes – all leaks should be repaired to avoid additional moisture in the house. Insulation of the cold pipes could also greatly reduce the amount of moisture condensation in-house.
- Proper maintenance of the dehumidifier – the BaseAire dehumidifiers require little maintenance but the collection tray should be emptied too often if the house is extremely moist.
What other key features make BaseAire dehumidifiers the best choice?
- Mobility - BaseAire dehumidifiers differ in size and there are small and portable dehumidifiers that can be easily moved from one room the other.
- Automatic reset – in case of power outage BaseAire dehumidifiers are able to automatically revert to the previously set settings.
- Defrost mode – all BaseAire dehumidifiers are equipped with state of the art anti-freezing coolant rodes that ensure the dehumidifier remains fully operational in even in low temperatures.
- Noise level – we all know of someone who owns a dehumidifier that makes drilling noises when operational. Don’t make that mistake buy a BaseAire dehumidifier their noise level are as low as possible so as not to interfere with the comfort of your home!
Want To Learn More?
Seven Potential Health Risks of a Humid Environment.
A humid environment refers to an atmosphere with relatively high levels of water vapor. Most people only understand the effects of high humidity on your health, this is mainly because at high humid...
Basement Floor Drying Solutions
Any homeowner with the home with a basement has encountered the damp basement problem. A damp basement is caused by problems in water drying from in the basement wall or the floor. Water in the bas...
Best Crawl Space Dehumidifier
Any homeowner whose house has a crawl space understands its importance. A crawl space greatly decreases the chance of the house flooding and provide additional storage space. The crawl space, howev...
Control the humidity levels anywhere inside your home with BaseAire products.
Whether you're located in the Atlantic coastline states, the central states, or the Pacific coastline states, humidity remains an important factor in our daily lives.
The humidity levels change throughout the year depending on different seasons changing. You will never see the increase in humidity, but you will feel it.
Most warm regions, especially along the coastline, are known to have high moisture and humidity levels.
High humidity is not only the biggest threat to the structural integrity of your home, but it can also affect your household belongings and physical health.
At BaseAire, we show our dedication to helping you control the humidity level in your home and commercial workplace by offering a variety of dehumidifiers, different in:
- Airflow capabilities
Our specifically designed dehumidifiers will:
- Decrease the humidity level to below 50%
- Eradicate mold, mildew, and dust mite infestation
- Cleanse the indoor air of any mold spores, odor, and other impurities
- Reduce allergy triggers
The effects of high humidity:
i. High humidity levels in your home will make it feel warmer and stuffier.
ii. Increased humidity will make your home the perfect environment for mold, mildew, and dust mite growth! Known as some of the most common allergy triggers, this can cause health issues.
iii. Skin allergies.
iv. Wood warping – since wood can absorb some of the excess moisture, this makes the wood warp, causing wooden floors to feel uneven as well as wooden doors and windows not closing properly.
v. Appliance failure – in your home, if the excess moisture can condense inside the appliances, this can cause fluid damage to said appliances.
vi. Wallpaper and paint will peel within a space with excess humidity.
vii. Wood rot – wet wood provides the perfect place for fungi growth which causes the wood to rot at an accelerated rate.
Repairing the appliances or replacing the rotting wood can be expensive for many homeowners, hence the importance of a BaseAire dehumidifier.
Common signs of high humidity in the house:
You can easily determine the humidity levels of your home using a hygrometer. But if you do not have access to one, here are some of the signs that show the presence of high humidity in your home:
- Constant reoccurring condensation on window planes and glass doors, especially in the morning.
- Water spots on the walls and ceiling.
- Black mold growth on the walls or ceiling.
In heavily moisturized spaces, like the basement, you will see condensed water on the walls or floor.
How does a dehumidifier work?
Dehumidifiers are electric appliances that extract excess humidity from the air.
We designed our dehumidifiers to pull the air from the house into the unit where it then passes over a series of coolant coils that condense the excess moisture. This removes odor, mold spores, and other impurities from the air. The unit then collects condensed water in a collection tray or pumped out of the unit depending on the model of BaseAire dehumidifier you buy.
The air is then warmed up and pumped out of the dehumidifier back into the room. This process repeats until the relative humidity level of the space lowers below the set level.
Why should you invest in a BaseAire dehumidifier today?
We have a wide variety of dehumidifiers designed for residential and commercial use. Our engineers have gone a step further, designing need-specific dehumidifiers for the basement, crawlspace, garage, office, and storage room. BaseAire dehumidifiers will lower the humidity levels in your home, making it impossible for harmful allergens like mold, mildew, and dust mites to grow. So, if a customer needs a humidity issue in their home fixed, our dehumidifiers will exceed their expectations. Improve your indoor air quality today! Speak to us about your humidity issues and our water damage & restoration experts will help pick the right dehumidifier for you