MOLD REMEDIATION AND RESTORATION
Mold is costly, dangerous for your health and difficult to remove. Unprofessionally handled water damage can lead to the formation of mold. If the mold is left unchecked and monitored it could further reduce indoor air and create an unsafe environment. If you happen to have to have a mold problem do not hesitate to call BaseAire to inspect and assess your property and if mold is found, they have the training, equipment, and expertise to eliminate the problem.
IN-DEPTH MOLD UNDERSTANDING
Molds are part of the natural environment, Hence, Microscopic mold spores can be found everywhere, outdoors and indoors. This makes it almost impossible to remove mold from a home or business.
Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold produces a strong, unpleasant odor and can lead anyone to a mold problem areas.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Before mold remediation begins, any sources of water or moisture must be dealt with otherwise the mold may return.
- Indoor humidity should remain at 45 percent because higher-than-indoor humidity supports mold growth.
- Mold spore thrives on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float in the air and may find their way into homes through windows, door or AC heating systems.
The following are 5 criteria for mold to grow:
- Organic food source: Mold colonies get their food from any organic matter, wood, wallpaper, fabric and upholstery and even plants and soil can all feed mold.
- Moisture or High Humidity: these conditions are the key environmental factors that lead to mold growth. Hanging up wet clothes, living near a body of water and others are the causes of moisture which results to mold growth.
- Moderate Temperature: Molds thrive in temperatures within 70?, darkness and stagnant air. This range of temperature creates continuous growth of molds.
- Stagnant Air: If your home is poorly ventilated it can create pockets of stagnant moist air in which molds thrive in.
- Time: Molds grow in 24-48 hours if the conditions are right, hence creating a conducive environment for a continuous mold growth.
With misleading advertisements, one can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Sensational reports warn about the dangers of back mold and these stories can be alarming and confusing. Stay out of affected areas and don’t touch or disturb the mold.
What is black mold? Stachybotrys chartarum, this is the type of mold that often called black mold or toxic mold. Since many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants and should contact a qualified mold remediation company regardless of the color or type of mold.
Reasons why you should choose BaseAire
- We use advanced mold remediation Techniques and equipment’s that detect the source of water feeding the mold, which assists in mold eradication from the areas affected.
- BaseAire has highly trained mold remediation specialists that specialize in water and mold damage restoration. BaseAire Professionals have the training and expertise to safely handle mold situation and the expertise include:
- Applied structural drying technician-This specialist has an in-depth study of the science of drying water-damaged structures and contents to facilitate appropriate decision making within a restorative drying environment.
- Applied microbial remediation specialist-water cause’s major problems with clothing, carpets, furniture, clothing, textiles and other organic materials. Within 24 hours microbes can start growing. During floods, common occurrences of mold occur due to the environment been filled with dirty water for several days.
- Water damage restoration Technics- These technicians are set to operate moisture detectors and water removers. With this comes the lifting and moving of heavy equipment, which requires a high level of manual dexterity.
Mold produces allergens and irritants that can cause health effects. BaseAire has understood mold and mold growth and trained and equipped their team to rectify the mold in your homes or business.
The following are five typical step of professional mold removal and remediation.
- Source identification: Though the use of moisture detection equipment, such as thermal imaging, BaseAire technicians will identify moisture intrusion in residential and commercial structures. Potential sources are flooding, leaky roofs, humidifiers, damp basements or crawl spaces. The source of the water moisture should be addressed before remediation.
- Containment: This is done through isolation of the areas contaminated to eliminate the spread of mold spores to other areas of the property.
- Filtration: Negative air machines run continuously throughout the project.
- Removal and cleanup: Contaminated materials are removed or remediated according to mold remediation guidelines. Carpet, drywall, furniture and other damaged materials may be replaced to prevent mold from reappearing.
- Replacement: BaseAire reconstruction team can provide and install all the new building materials required to return all affected areas.
For any mold-related problems contact our highly skilled team to come to your aid whenever you need it.
Want To Learn More?
Control the humidity levels anywhere inside your home with BaseAire products.
Whether you're located in the Atlantic coastline states, the central states, or the Pacific coastline states, humidity remains an important factor in our daily lives.
The humidity levels change throughout the year depending on different seasons changing. You will never see the increase in humidity, but you will feel it.
Most warm regions, especially along the coastline, are known to have high moisture and humidity levels.
High humidity is not only the biggest threat to the structural integrity of your home, but it can also affect your household belongings and physical health.
At BaseAire, we show our dedication to helping you control the humidity level in your home and commercial workplace by offering a variety of dehumidifiers, different in:
- Airflow capabilities
Our specifically designed dehumidifiers will:
- Decrease the humidity level to below 50%
- Eradicate mold, mildew, and dust mite infestation
- Cleanse the indoor air of any mold spores, odor, and other impurities
- Reduce allergy triggers
The effects of high humidity:
i. High humidity levels in your home will make it feel warmer and stuffier.
ii. Increased humidity will make your home the perfect environment for mold, mildew, and dust mite growth! Known as some of the most common allergy triggers, this can cause health issues.
iii. Skin allergies.
iv. Wood warping – since wood can absorb some of the excess moisture, this makes the wood warp, causing wooden floors to feel uneven as well as wooden doors and windows not closing properly.
v. Appliance failure – in your home, if the excess moisture can condense inside the appliances, this can cause fluid damage to said appliances.
vi. Wallpaper and paint will peel within a space with excess humidity.
vii. Wood rot – wet wood provides the perfect place for fungi growth which causes the wood to rot at an accelerated rate.
Repairing the appliances or replacing the rotting wood can be expensive for many homeowners, hence the importance of a BaseAire dehumidifier.
Common signs of high humidity in the house:
You can easily determine the humidity levels of your home using a hygrometer. But if you do not have access to one, here are some of the signs that show the presence of high humidity in your home:
- Constant reoccurring condensation on window planes and glass doors, especially in the morning.
- Water spots on the walls and ceiling.
- Black mold growth on the walls or ceiling.
In heavily moisturized spaces, like the basement, you will see condensed water on the walls or floor.
How does a dehumidifier work?
Dehumidifiers are electric appliances that extract excess humidity from the air.
We designed our dehumidifiers to pull the air from the house into the unit where it then passes over a series of coolant coils that condense the excess moisture. This removes odor, mold spores, and other impurities from the air. The unit then collects condensed water in a collection tray or pumped out of the unit depending on the model of BaseAire dehumidifier you buy.
The air is then warmed up and pumped out of the dehumidifier back into the room. This process repeats until the relative humidity level of the space lowers below the set level.
Why should you invest in a BaseAire dehumidifier today?
We have a wide variety of dehumidifiers designed for residential and commercial use. Our engineers have gone a step further, designing need-specific dehumidifiers for the basement, crawlspace, garage, office, and storage room. BaseAire dehumidifiers will lower the humidity levels in your home, making it impossible for harmful allergens like mold, mildew, and dust mites to grow. So, if a customer needs a humidity issue in their home fixed, our dehumidifiers will exceed their expectations. Improve your indoor air quality today! Speak to us about your humidity issues and our water damage & restoration experts will help pick the right dehumidifier for you