Warranty-This is a legal or government-issued document that means a promise or guarantee. The document provides assurance by one party to the other that the defined and specified facts are true. The factual guarantee may be enforced regardless of materiality and allows legal remedy if the promise is not fulfilled or not true. Most warranties are offered with a product so that the manufacturer makes the warranty to a consumer in which the manufacturer has no direct or immediate contractual relationship.
Types of warrants
1.Implied warranty- This is unwritten promises that apply from the nature of the transaction, and the inherent understanding by the buyer, rather than from the express representations of the seller. This type of warranty occurs in two types:
- Warranty of merchantability-This is valid unless expressly disclaimed by name, To be "merchantable", the goods must reasonably conform to an ordinary buyer's expectations.
- Warranty of fitness for a particular purpose- Implied unless disclaimed when a buyer relies upon the seller to select the goods to fit a specific request.
3.Breach of warranty- These Warranties are violated when the promise is broken or the goods are not as expected. The seller should make a refund or a replacement hence validating the warranty.
Common damages that occur to dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers- these are devices that absorb excess moisture from the air using a simple principle that incorporates cooling and warming of the air in order to condensate water vapors. The operating system and mode of these dehumidifiers are not that complicated and are able to accomplish their purpose effectively. However, there come times when they stop functioning or even become fully faulty. The following are common damages that occur on dehumidifiers.
1.Noisy dehumidifier- there are many reasons why a dehumidifier can become very noisy. The following are major reasons:
- If the dehumidifier is not placed on a plane area- when it happens to make noise while operating, adjust its legs until it sits straight on the floor.
- If the dehumidifier has loose screws-Always make sure that the covers are tightly screwed to avoid noise during operation.
- If dirt has gathered on the dehumidifier's internal parts-If you happen to note this, you can clean it by vacuuming it.
3.Frozen coils- Most dehumidifiers work depending on coils and it’s very important to keep them in perfect condition. Freezing can be caused by differences in temperatures creating layers of ice on the coils. This occurs when you place the dehumidifier in a room with lower temperatures than the one set by the manufacturer and this might cause a stop in the functionality of the dehumidifier. Cleaning the dehumidifier’s coils once in a while can also help prevent freezing. Cleaning-always us a simple brush to remove dirt from the coils and sprays them with a mixture of water and vinegar.
4.The faulty motor which is not running- A motor is the most important component of a dehumidifier. The motor is responsible for powering the dehumidifier. So if the motor is not running so is the dehumidifier. In case you get yourself in this situation, you are requested to seek professional help and technical expertise. In case you seek technical expertise from an authorized technician, this could result in a void warranty and also cause more damage to the device.
5.Faulty fan-The fan ventilates and absorbs the air. The fan runs continuously and may become faulty. When the fan stops working, check to see if one of the fan blades is broken or loose, clean the fan and restart the dehumidifier to see if the fan starts to rotate. If the problem persists request help from a professional.
6.The dehumidifier does not turn on- when to turn on the dehumidifier and it does not then it's faulty. The following are reasons why the dehumidifiers may not turn on:
- If the power outlet is faulty- Plug another item in the outlet to see if it works and if it does not, change the outlet.
- Blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers in the dehumidifier system board-If there is power and still, the dehumidifier still does not work, the fuses are blown and they need replacement by a professional technician.
- When the humidity level you set is attained by the dehumidifier-When you set a certain level of humidity that you need to attain in a room the dehumidifier may attain that level and turn off and when you try to restart it does not because it has attained its set target of humidity.
Terms and conditions of a dehumidifiers warranty
The warranty is valid for a whole year from the original purchase date and the company will stand for costs incurred through repairing or replacing parts of this appliance which prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. The consumer will be responsible for all costs of service calls.
The limited 2nd- 5th-year warranty-This is valid for all sealed systems and the second fifth year from the original purchase date. The manufacturer will be responsible for all repairs and replacements of parts for all sealed refrigeration systems. The customer will stand for all diagnostics costs and any removal, transportation, and reinstallation cost which are vital for service. Other costs include labor and parts.
Normal responsibilities of the consumer that the warranty covers.
1.Proper use of the dehumidifier in accordance with the instructions provided with the product-The consumer should ensure that the product is used following all the guidelines set by the product manufacturer to avoid under-use or over-use of the product which can cause damage to the product.
2.Proper installation- The authorized servicer should perform the installation of the dehumidifier. This installation should be done in accordance with the local plumbing, electrical, and/or gas codes.
3.Proper connection- The dehumidifiers should be connected to a grounded power supply of sufficient voltage, replacement of blown fuses, repair of loose connections.
4.Damages to finish after installation.
5.Expenses for making appliances accessible for servicing.
What is not covered by the warranty?
The warranty does not cover everything or all damages that happen to the dehumidifiers. However, most of the important services are covered. The following are services not covered by the warrant:
1.Service calls that do not involve malfunction or defects in workmanship or material.
2.Failure due to corrosion on models not corrosion-protected.
3.Damages that are caused by personnel’s not authorized servicers. Any defects caused or repair required as a result of:
- Application and use for which the Product was not intended as set forth in the user’s manual or other applicable Product documentation.
- Installation not in accordance with electrical or plumbing codes.
- Shipment damages or damages caused by improper packaging by Purchaser.
- Abusive operation.
- Inadequate air supply.
- Shipment damages.
- Improper delivery, setup, and installation.
- Leaky, broken, frozen pipes, or restricted drains.
5.Cosmetic damage to the dehumidifier surface or exterior, but not limited to which has been defaced or caused through normal wear and tear, improper shipping and handling, or the use of chemical cleaning agents.
6.The defects caused or repair required as a result of damage as a result of any external or environmental conditions, use of incorrect voltage, fluctuations or surges in transmission voltage, or natural occurrences of God.
7.Warranty claims for Products returned with the altered, illegible, or missing model, factory serial number, regulatory or safety markings.
8.Products used for rental, business, or commercial purposes i.e. use for other than normal, single-family household use.
9.Installation, consumer instruction, delivery, setup, adjustment, and/or programming charges.
10.A Product that is not installed in accordance with installation instructions included with the Product.
Steps to Make a Warranty Claim
- For proper packaging of the dehumidifier; we recommend using the original carton and packing materials.
- The customer has to put in the package, a copy of a sales receipt or any evidence of the date of purchase.
- Once all the required documentation is included, the customer will return the product to the location of purchase.